POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Area_light tolerance in Pov3.1 : Area_light tolerance in Pov3.1 Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:25:23 EDT (-0400)
  Area_light tolerance in Pov3.1
From: Nicolas Calimet
Date: 9 Nov 2000 13:05:54
Message: <3A0AE8A1.97AB79F5@igbmc.u-strasbg.fr>
Hi all,

	I wonder why there is no possibility to define a combination
of confidence/variance (as in focal blur for instance) when calculating
the area_light with adaptive keyword. Maybe a single parameter could
be also used, since in the current code the tolerance is set to 10 %.
	Also it seems that we cannot specify the maximum number of
shadow rays to be calculated when using the adaptive method, but only
a mimimum. Adressing these two points could maybe speed up rendering
in most of cases, don't u think ?

*** Nicolas Calimet
*** http://pov4grasp.free.fr